Saturday, February 7, 2009

ANOTHER KIND OF JEWEL

 
the $40K Siltek "Crown" audio cables that reduce the microscopic cracks in the silver cable by annealing them with gold......about $3 worth, incidentally.....and the over $30K Nordost optical cable......I was just shopping with a friend, who wanted to get "really good" cables to upgrade his system......I think I was the wrong person from whom to seek advice........budget...for the whole set-up....was $100! whoopee! I don't think so.....So, one might ask.....do these pricey cables improve a cheap system......not a lot.....but they DO substantially elevate the quality of a really great system.......Alas, these are too extravagant for me......so I settle for Cardas and Monster Cables......and am not likely to shop around at this level......I suppose the Silteks are the Harry Winston Cables!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: