Tuesday, March 2, 2010

COMPULSIVE DISORDER

i'm in the process of organizing, photographing and culling my collection of watches that has accumulated with clock-like predictability since age 9, when i was given a beautiful gold Elgin watch by one of my Mother's suitors at the time....the compulsion to collect watches, in particular, seems to come and go; and, I've never been successful at attributing any particular motivations for my compulsiveness....I write about it here, now, because this compulsion is very acute and out of control. It would save a lot of cash if I were just repeatedly flossing or pulling nose hairs.......two compulsions that I actually find distasteful and even more neurotic.....Watches are so organized......they do one thing....very well...and can be aesthetic at the same time......as the minutes pass into oblivion........

No comments: