Wednesday, June 16, 2010

THE FIRST IN THE "WINDOW" COLLECTION

My friend Ellen Gentry was hired by her friends Susie and Ann McCarie to illustrate a catalog of items that they had travelled the world to collect and assemble into a collection to be sold to their rich friends via an artsy, hand-drawn catalog. When the business went belly-up, Ellen and I went to the "warehouse" where Susie was liquidating their inventory.......I bought this central-European stained glass window for $135 and it has travelled with me for 40 years, having been incorporated into every place that I have dwelled. My burgeoning collection of stained glass has finally displaced the window to a sill, where it filters the afternoon sun into vibrant colors.....I love the big "ruby" at its center......
Posted by Picasa

No comments: