Friday, November 6, 2009

VICTOR ANDERSON LENTOGRAPH

I couldn't resist the Lentograph of the popular "Jesus at ....Door" painting, often reproduced in sentimental X-tian fundamentalist books. Not only is it in "3-D", but it looks great in my dining room from a perspective of color, proportion and.....well, you'd have to have a similar aesthetic, I suppose! Good Art looks good with other Good Art, I reckon......The Jesus picture not only elevates my spiritual sensibilities but looks good next to a photo of Anita Ekberg, in the fountain scene....with the white kitten.....from "8 1/2", as well as it complements the colors of the rug. When I was a youth, I worried that my Grandmother, at the age I am now, decorated her home with the weirdest paraphernalia such as camel saddles and strings of brass monkeys lit by totem lamps.......ala John Waters, with whom she was certainly not familiar.....Now, I am increasingly attracted to more bizarre decor and find the spreads in Architectural Digest....well.....rather dull and pretentiously affected......
We are Guarded by the Cross by Saint Elijah Childrens Choir

1 comment:

TheUnspoken said...

I have the Christ at Hearts Door Lentograph H D from the 3 d studio inc. in Chester,N.Y. Print # 115. What can you tell me about when it was sold and or about the value of it today in near meant condition. It does have some nicotine damage.My email is nanna091367@gmail.com