Thursday, December 3, 2009

dunroamin 1955

wearing my "Chief of the Choctaw Tribe of Dunroamin Camp".....1st "big bonnet" on the right.....having been elected "Chief" of the small camp of three "tribes", the Choctaws, Cherokees and Chickasaws.....AND the award for fastest swimmer, performing the inverted breast stroke, I brag; the Best Archer award and the Shuttlecocker AND riflery AND tennis awards, I sought the approval of my parents who were concerned that I was too wacky a child.......Mother took these photos, from a great distance with Grandmother's old lensless kodak camera...the only one she ever used....Grandmother, that is.........My parents were not so quick with compliments, but faster than a speeding bullet with their criticisms.....a phyrric victory, I guess! Well, I had my eyes on the "big bonnet"....it was the most beautiful, I thought; and was only worn during this quaint ceremony, in the presence visiting parents........
Posted by Picasa

No comments: