Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Shifting Perspective on Evan

Evan Lysachek is growing on me.....I always prefer the more lyrical styles of Jeffrey Buttle, Johnny Weir.......well just about all the other gifted artists on ice.......always considering Evan a beautifully trained athlete, although his jerky style and wild free leg, flailing arms and totally self-contained presence on the ice have been off-putting......This year, he seems to have matured and appears to be more in touch with his emotions......His most serious rival is Evgeni Plushenko, the self-confident technical Russian skater, whom I liked more in his youth. I sent Evgeni an encouraging letter, years ago, and received this autographed photo that I will cherish. Thursday's Olympic competition will sort these men out......Evan. by a thick black hair, i think.....

1 comment:

vaporcloud said...

http://movingnostalgia.blogspot.com/2010/02/vancouver-mens-ice-skating-competitions.html