Monday, March 15, 2010

THE LOST ISLAND

I entered a contest, filling out a card with my name and telephone number, at the opening of some now forgotten shopping center, when I was 12....I won a little island at Guntersville Lake, Alabama.....My parents had intended to build a little getaway there, but in 1959 my father's business went belly-up and my mother sold the property. This was unbeknownst to me, as I was still underage and my parents didn't need my permission to sell my little island.....They said nothing about it and for 25 years I didn't even think of the lovely little green plot in the middle of the lake....But then I was told that it was no longer "mine"......and that these properties were no longer sold....sorta like the homes at Cumberland Island......So, I bought with two good friends, some property in North Georgia where Rencontres Naturelle is now......This old picture brought this back to me after years of not having thought of it......
Posted by Picasa

No comments: