Thursday, March 16, 2023

What kind of Cloud was I floating on? It's 'Storm' clouds, with lots of lightening & thunder, that keeps movie-goers' lids apart for a couple of hours........

I went, with a very good friend, to see MAURICE, the 1987 Merchant/Ivory  film adaptation of the E.M. Forester novel, hoping to wean him from suckling the bloody teats of "Action Marvel Movies"......I wept that this film even still existed in the larger context of testosterone-driven 'men's films'....When my friend awakened, during the end credits,   as the overhead lights grew bright, I inquired "How could you have gone to sleep during this beautifully 'sensitive' Film?".....He replied, 'It was boring!'......seemingly, oblivious to my sarcasm........My friend refused to 'sit through' the other film in the afternoon 'double-bill'.......another Merchant/Ivory production, and not one of my favorites, even......BOMBAY TALKIE.....  although I attempted to assure him that there would be 'lots of action' in it.....Well, not like ACTION JACKSON........duh!  

No comments: