Monday, June 7, 2010

ANDRE ZIMMERN EATS DICK

I went to a Chinese Restaurant in an ethnic neighborhood recently. One restaurant was named "Mai Dung" and served fried bird's vomit, pickled pig's stomach, crunchy fried yak's penis, tandoori duck's brain and braised sliced ox testicles.......This was a challenge, even to me, who claims to have no aversions to strange foodstuffs. Bird's Nest soups are a bit of a turn off, considering that one is eating a brew of bird's droppings; nevertheless, I'm game for a taste, of course......My "problem" areas are RUBBERY, GELATINOUSLY CARTILAGINOUS, BITTER-HOT and CUSHY, as in "lung".....although I love sheep's pancreas with truffles and thrice-boiled foul gizzards in red wine sauce.....And to think....there are those who "don't eat seafood" or "vegetables" much less pig's brains and eggs on toast points with sausage gravy......

No comments: